الاعلان

Tuesday 10 January 2012

God is nearer than you think

It was mothers'day at the school where I worked. I had written a poem for the occasion and one of my pupils was reading it for the school. Our director was there. She was very proud of the show we were doing. We were sitting at the main entrance when she told me,' You know, you are a great mother. I don't mean only to your step daughter but to all the children you teach.'


My daughter was living with her father at the time and was living in Alexandria. I got to see her during school holidays and was allowed to call her once a week. It was torture . My two step daughters were my sedative during these five horrible years. Everytime I called her I ended up crying. She never told me of her troubles. But a mother always feels it.


All my pain struck at once and I started crying. I tried to stop, but my tears did not obey. I told my director,' I hate mothers' day. As a child my mother was never there and as an adult my daughter isn't near me.'


That was the last mothers' day away from my daughter. She was allowed to live with me. God heard and saw my pain and blessed me by her return. Thank you, God. I know You are near.





وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ





No comments:

Post a Comment