الاعلان

Thursday 21 June 2012

LEBANESE JOKES



A Lebanese and an American are seated next to each other on a flight from New York. The American asks if he would like to play a fun-game.



The Lebanese, tired, just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.


The American persists and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun.


He says, “I ask you a question, and if you don’t know the answer, you pay me $5, and vice versa.” Again, the Lebanese declines and tries to get some sleep.


The American, now worked up, says, “Okay, if you don’t know the answer, you pay me $5, and if I don’t know the answer, I’ll pay you $500.”


This gets the guy’s attention and, figuring there will be no end to this torment, agrees to the game.


The American asks the first question, “What’s the distance from the earth to the moon?”


The Lebanese doesn’t say a word, reaches into his wallet, pulls out a $5 bill, and hands it to the American.


“Okay,” says the American, “your turn.”


So the Lebanese asks, “What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?”


The American thinks about it. No answer.


Puzzled, he takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references. No answer!


He taps into the air-phone with his modem and searches the Internet and the Library of Congress. No answer.


Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his friends and coworkers. Checks the input. All to no avail!


Finally, a long time later, he wakes the Lebanese and hands him $500.


The Lebanese thanks him and turns back to get his sleep.


The American, more than a little miffed, stirs the Lebanese and asks, “Well, what’s the answer?”


Without a word, the Lebanese reaches into his wallet, hands the American $5, and goes to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
Madame Khoury comes to have dinner at her son Zouzou, who lives with a girl roomate, Salma … During the course of the meal, his mother couldn’t help but notice how pretty the roommate was, and started to wonder if there was more between Zouzou and his roommate.




Reading his mom’s thoughts, Zouzou volunteered, “I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Salma and I are just roommates.”



About a week later, Salma came to Zouzou saying, “Ever since your mother came to dinner, I’ve been unable to find the silver sugar bowl. You don’t suppose she took it, do you?”



“Well, I doubt it, but I’ll email her, just to be sure.”

So he sat down and wrote:

Dear Mother,



I’m not saying that you ‘did’ take the sugar bowl from my house, I’m not saying that you ‘did not’ take it. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner. Love, Zouzou

Several days later, zouzou received an email from his mother which read:



Dear Son,



I’m not saying that you ‘do’ sleep with Salma, and I’m not saying that you ‘do not’ sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the sugar bowl by now.



Love, Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment